Monday, March 23, 2015

Transfer 6 - Week 1

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well back home! By now, Ethan Snell is probably "Elder Snell", and he is going to be an awesome missionary for sure.
Dad, I'm glad you're enjoying the new buggy! I hope it's still around next year!

My week has been a fairly average week here in Richmond. Elder Muniz and I got the assignment to stay here for another 6 weeks, and we just finished our first week.
Mariela is doing well! She did have to call and cancel our appointment this week, but we are still set for her baptism next month, and we have a family home evening with her and her aunt's family tonight!
Didn't see a ton of awesome progression with anyone specific unfortunately..
But I do happen to have a couple random mission stories that happened this week!
1. PUPUSAS. Pupusas are an El Savadorian meal, which I love. It's got beans and cheese and cabbage, and it's wrapped in this torilla thing, and it's really good! But I can only eat like 2 or 3 until I'm full. Well this week, we were at a member's house and she made pupusas for us! Which of course, I was super grateful for. My plate was piling with not 2, not 3, but FIVE big plump pupusas. I wasn't really even that hungry, but I didn't think it would be impossible. right? it's just food! well... I got done with number 3 and felt like I couldn't eat another bite. It was bad! it was like every ounce of me was filled with food. And I was just over half way done!!! I looked over at my vacuum of a companion and gave him the eye that said "Can you eat this for me?" and he started to laugh and shook his head as if to say "You're on your own". So I slowly, painfully, shoved down two more greasy pupusas bite by bite until I couldn't eat any more! And then I continued to eat.... And eat. It was so hard. But I finished it! It felt as if I had reached the top of Mt Everest. Probably one of my biggest accomplishments this week. :)

2. This was is gross, but short. On Thursday, Elder Muniz and I decided to spend some service hours walking around the hood with garbage bags to try to clean up a little bit. We noticed that it started to smell really really bad. And it didn't take long to realize what the source of the smell was. In the middle of this HOT day in the streets of Richmond, some disgusting human being decided that he couldn't wait any longer to use the bathroom. And here we were, as missionaries, deciding to clean up the streets with gloves and a trash bag. so it was our responsibility to clean up after him....So. Gross. #missionlife

I did find a cool scripture this week! Alma 7:23 I like because it teaches us exactly how God expects us to act. We should be humble and patient and submissive and I recommend that you read it and pick one or two attributes that you can work on TODAY! I personally picked patience! I've been sort of in a slump in this area because I've lived here for about 4 months, and I was kind of expecting to get transferred this week! But I didn't, and as much as I love the ward and my apartment and my area, I found myself a little bit less motivated this week, and I think I just need to be more patient with myself and with others. :)

Any ways! Love you all! Life is going good! Write me when you can!
Shout out to Grandma and Grandpa for the Card this week! And to Elder Fredrick for continuing to be my loyal pen-pal! haha Hope your transfers go well!


Elder Webster

Me in my lavalava!

I decorated my handbook :)

No comments:

Post a Comment