Monday, April 13, 2015

Some Memorable Stuff!

Dear Loved Ones,
Sounds like everything back home is going alright!
Shout out to Hailey for rocking that dance recital! If you can figure out how to send the video, that'd be cool!
Shout out to Elder Fredrick for once again being a spiritual GIANT! *and for calling me yesterday*
Shout out to the family for going rock climbing. you ROCK! :)

This week went alright I think. In the past few weeks, I've felt like we've been seeing more and more progress with investigators, and a lot of our numbers have been on the rise! a lot of things really have been going pretty well for Elder Muniz and I! This week seems to have been a little slower for us, but we've been working really hard, so despite our lower numbers, I feel like we've done as much as we can.

The first (slightly boring) update was this Saturday, Elder Muniz and I were asked to give a training at a Zone Training meeting! I had asked Elder Muniz to give a training a couple weeks ago during a District meeting about how to work with members. And whatever he did, he did an excellent job. So they asked him to give the same exact training again, but this time, in front of a larger crowd. It was the same as the first one, except for this time, we split it between the 2 of us. It went pretty well I thought! :)

The only investigator that we're working with that is getting close to a baptism is Mariela Irama. She's just a miracle. I love her. Unfortunately, one of the requirements before a baptism is that she would need to have attended 3 or more sacrament meetings, and she works on Sundays. Tonight we're giving her a church tour and teaching about the sabbath day. We're going to ask her to request this next Sunday off so that she can attend with us. I'll let you know how that goes next week! :)

Transfers are next week, so I MIGHT be moving to a new area soon. I'll find out before next week if anything changes. I've been in the same area for about 5 months now, and I LOVE IT. I've really gotten pretty close to the ward, and I feel like I've really helped quite a few people here. But I'm still excited to see if I'll be moving somewhere else! honestly, it doesn't matter to me either way. It's cheesy, and I'm sure everyone says this as a missionary, but this really is the Lord's work. No matter where you're living, or who's in your area, there's always someone there who will benefit from coming closer to Christ.

Here's some random pictures for the week to make up for the less-than-exciting update! :)

This is a traditional Mexican sombrero that an awesome member named Jose Largaespada gave me :)


Just a random dog that came up to the window while we were painting a lady's house. Elder Muniz and I helped it to have more swag.









No comments:

Post a Comment