Monday, May 25, 2015

Goodbye Elder Muniz!

HELLO!

Got some cool updates from home this week. Looks like the buggy has been put to good use and Hailey keeps on seeing my favorite band live without me.
So that's cool.

This week went very very well for us! Last week I mentioned how our numbers weren't very good even though we felt like we were working our hardest. WELL! This week our hard work showed up on paper! We were able to visit so many people this week, I actually beat my personal best. One time we even got 5 lessons in a single day. Seriously, things just went right for us quite a bit. :)

We did get our transfer calls on Saturday. It looks like I'm staying district leader in Richmond for another transfer. But Elder Muniz is leaving me to serve in Pittsburgh with one of my old companions (Elder Curay) They'll be great together! And my new companion will be someone named Elder Green...? I don't know much about him yet. But he has been out for about 18 months, and I think he's white and probably from Utah! But I'll meet him tomorrow officially. So I'll have more updates next week. :)

We had the lesson about Sabbath day with Mariela as planned (minus the church tour) and it was such a blessing. She seems to come closer to Christ no matter what we do. She puts in all the effort in the world. Before we even started talking about her coming to church with us, she started telling us about how she's going to talk to her boss and ask for a day off to come to church. We set a day in the future when she'd like to come! So on May 3rd we should be able to bring her to church for the first time. That's one step closer to baptism eligibility!

Lastly, we had a baptism yesterday! I don't know if I've mentioned her before, but her name is Nayeli Aguirre. She's about 20 years old, and she was an investigator I used to teach back in January. I only got to teach her the first half of the lessons, and then we had to hand her off to some other missionaries. She got baptized yesterday and we were invited to come watch and help! (pictures attached) Everything went well, she is such a cool girl. She knows what she wants, and she decided that becoming a member of the church was what she wanted, so there was no stopping her.

All in all, a pretty good week, and a good way to end off this transfer with Elder Muniz.  I've been blessed in this area, and It's pretty cool to be able to stay here for so long. This will be my 6th month here in Richmond, and when the time comes, it's going to be hard to leave.

Thanks for all the love and support.
Shout out to the Somervilles for the letter!
Happy Early Birthday Jaxon and Dad!

Love you!
Elder Webster


This is Nayeli after she got baptized

This is Elder Yellowhorse standing next to a yellow horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment