Monday, May 25, 2015

Mother's Day And Other Cool Blessings

Dear loved ones,

As you are well aware, yesterday was mothers day! :) I had a pretty good mothers day! I got to Skype home, and see me good ol' family, and it looks like everyone's doing pretty good! I even got to see my big brother Jace for a brief period of time! :) I liked Skyping home again! it was nice! I feel like at this point, there isn't a whole lot of news though... haha it was super nice to see everyone again though!

We went over to the Chacon's house to use their computers (same house I used for Christmas) If I haven't mentioned the Chacon's yet by name, I'm sorry. But they have been there for a lot!!! Betsaida Chacon is their daughter at BYUi, and Joel Chacon their son who is a returned missionary from Phoenix AZ mission who has helped with lots of lessons and given me lots of sweet shoes and belts and stuff, and Brother Chacon is the 2nd councilor of the bishopric and was there with us when all of our computers got robbed a while ago, and Sister Chacon makes amazing Enchiladas and is a missionary-mom for sure. There family is the best and I am so thankful for them. :)

Anyways, I thought I'd give them a shout-out, because I'm probably going to come visit them after the mission. :)

OK! So this week, we saw a lot of blessings for sure. LITERALLY! I must have given 9 or 10 Priesthood blessings this week. So much so that I used an entire oil-vile's worth of oil during one week's worth of blessings! We asked the bishop for a refill of consecrated oil on Sunday during church, and then we continued on with life and were asked to give even more blessings that night! It made me feel so honored and thankful to be a worthy priesthood holder, and to be able to see so many faithful people. I've really started to notice how easy it is to give blessings. When I first started giving blessings, I was nervous and would always hope they would just ask my companion to do it. I would try to think of the best vocabulary I could and say the best things I could think of. I know now that I was doing it wrong.... Lately, I've been doing better at focusing on the person's needs and trying to imagine my true role as a Priesthood holder, and I've noticed that all the anxiety behind giving a blessing completely disappears. I no longer have to worry about what to say because in a very VERY literal way, the words just come.
I testify to the power of the Priesthood because I've seen miracles and I've seen it work.

On another note, we were able to see several of our investigators coming to church lately, which will help them develop a testimony so much faster, so that's extraordinary. We're still planning on having 2 baptisms this summer. Probably in June. I'm very excited for them both, because I've been working with them from the very beginning, and I can see that they both KNOW this church is true, and they both have a solid belief in Christ and His atonement, and now they're just waiting for their schedules to free up enough to become active members. So that should happen in the next couple months whether I'm here or not.

That's pretty much it for the week.

I'm so thankful for my companion btw. Elder Green is probably one of my favorites. He's a hard worker, he helps me, he accepts help, he's fun and funny, and I've loved working with him so far.

Anyways! Love you all! Happy Mothers Day!
Elder Webster

Me and Elder Green

This is My District!!
Back row- Yellowhorse, Green, Webster, Mora
Front row- Collett, Kaufusi

This is my companion's Teddy bear... He calls it Vanessa. It's the creepiest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment