Monday, May 25, 2015

Another Shortie...

Buenas tardes mis queridos amigos!

Looks like Elder Green and are a very successful companionship so far! We had one of the best weeks I've had on my mission so far this week. We currently have 2 VERY solid investigators who are scheduled to be baptized very soon. Elvia Guzman and Mariela Irama. Both of them have shown a huge commitment to the church and shown a desire to be baptized, but Elvia told us she wants her brother in law to baptize her (Who just so happens to be one of my MTC instructors. Small world.) And he is scheduled to come to town in late June, so even though it's a bit of a wait, and I might not even be in the area anymore at that point, she's scheduled to be baptized! :) Mariela Irama is completely set for baptism, has a testimony, and it's obvious to her that the Book of Mormon is true, but she has been working on Sundays. once we can work through her work schedule, we'll be able to set a baptism date for her. But she's golden. We just have to wait a bit for her as well. :)

Teaching the 2 of them has been so pleasant. They crave it, there is definitely a difference between people who just "allow us to come over" and those who "invite us over". They are so easy to teach, and keep their commitments whether we want them to or not, and we've gotten the ward so involved in their progression, the ward members are always asking us when our next appointment is with them. It's so great. :)

Elder Green and I have been experimenting with object lessons a lot recently! I think that's my favorite method of teaching now a days..

That's pretty much all for now! Tomorrow is our "Temple Day" which means today isn't my actual pday. I'm only really allowed to email for one hour, so once again, I'm sorry if I didn't get to reply to many personal emails. But I Love you all! :)


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment