Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Flight of the CONCORD

So I'm already in love with my new area! :)
Elder Wride is SO fun. He's from North Ogden Utah, and he is such a goofball, but in the best possible way. :) He's been out since February, so he just got done being trained (by my old companion, Elder Ah Hoy). We are both new to our area, but in the past week, we've set up 2 baptismal dates for late June. We are like... the same person. hahaha I'll definitely be visiting him after the mission.

So some basic updates about the Sistrict: I cover 4 sisters- Sister Zundel (Idaho), Sister Espinal (Honduras), Sister Averett (Utah), and Sister Myers (Utah). It's such a huge change from my last district. I used to be the youngest one because I covered some Zone Leaders and my junior companion was older than me... but in this new one, 4 out of the 6 members in my district have been out less than 6 months. They are still straightening out some of the technicalities of mission life, but who isn't? :)

I'm serving in the Concord 4th Branch in the Walnut Creek Stake. I'm living in a previously sister-owned apartment at 1530 Ellis Concord. It's a pretty nice apartment.

I got to give another baptismal interview this week to a lady named Irma Felix. Her story is incredible. She doesn't even live here! She was only visiting America for a few months, and then she was off the Mexico again, but while she was here, she found the missionaries, took the discussions, and got baptized this Sunday! And then the following Tuesday (Today) she flew back to Mexico and is going to get connected with the church down there. Isn't that incredible? Doing interviews for ordinances as special as baptism makes you feel a whole new closeness to people. You share the spirit so strongly, and they pour out their testimony and life story so beautifully, and she is going to be such a strong member in Mexico. Congrats Irma!

On Thursday night, I locked the keys in the back of our car... :( So we were stranded for a while, but we said a prayer and then soon after, we finally got Elder Jepperson to pick up his phone. We had to hitch a ride with our zone leaders back to our house that night, but the next day, Elder Jepperson (Senior missionary) drove up from Oakland and gave us a brand new Chevy Cruze. It's a pretty nice car, and probably my favorite one I've driven on my mission.... But unfortunately... That very night... I got in a car crash!!! BAUM BAUM BAUUUUUMMMMM.

Nothing to worry about. I just turned into our new parking stall too sharp and put a nice scrape in the side. I felt so bad... :( But we're probably going to have to get it replaced pretty soon... Again... sigh...

Lastly, on Monday morning, I got my wisdom teeth pulled! They put me to sleep, and my goofball companion decided to film me afterwards on my camera. They are probably the most hilarious videos I've ever seen in my life. :D But the rest of the day, I was on painkillers that made me super drowsy, and today I'm still in a bit of pain, but I should be good to go back to work tomorrow. I think I'm recovering pretty quickly, because all of mine were already visible, so they didn't have to do too much digging. Should be maybe one more day!! But for now, my diet is cottage cheese, horchata, yogurt and pudding. (courtesy of the sisters in my district.)


Sorry this email has been so long, there's been a lot of updates! My current investigators that you should prayer for are Jerry and Bianca. :) They're getting dunked on June 27th if all goes well.

Welcome Home Jace!!

Love you All!
Love,

The one and only Elder Webster


Jordan forwarded these from another missionary with no explanation. So we get to make up our own stories about these pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment