Monday, May 23, 2016

Innkeepers

Hey everyone! So in response to all the emails I got about coming home soon: A lot of you asked if it's hard for me to focus, or if I'm looking forward to coming home. ---Nope. It barely even pops into my mind throughout the week. But thanks for reminding me.

In other news, I'm going to the temple tomorrow and Elder Struve and I decided to make it as special as we could. It's been in our prayers/fasts for a few weeks now, and we each picked progressive studies we've been working on for a few weeks in preparation, we did some family history last week to find some family names, and I'm super excited. Elder Struve's been focusing a lot on the Creation (way more in depth than I've EVER gone into it. Example: What did God do on the 7th day of rest?) And I've been focusing a lot on the role of the Devil and the need for opposition. My studies are going AWESOME, and I'm excited to finish them up tomorrow in the temple.

In other other news, we're going to baptize a family in 2 weeks. I know I say that a lot, and then we have to drop a lot of dates, so you never see pictures, but mark your calendars this time. Cecelia and Felipe Cruz are a mother and son, and they are probably one of the most sold investigators I've had in terms of faithfulness. They're right up there with the Carrada family from Oakland. Props if you remember who that is... The Cruz family takes an hour long bus ride to the chapel every week and prays about the day they can be baptized, they're willing to turn to the book of Mormon to find answers to their questions and then pray to know the truth of what they find. Most members don't even do that. Their awesome.

We just got a new bishop assigned yesterday. His name is Bishop Kitchen. I haven't really met him yet, but Elder Stuve and I are going to go over and have a Pupusa party with him and his family tonight.

Side note: one of the 70 came to our stake conference yesterday and challenged us to be "Luke Chapter 10 Innkeepers" as opposed to "Luke Chapter 2 Innkeepers". Extra points if you can find out why one is better than the other.

Love you all! :) See you in like 2 months ish!
-

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment