Monday, May 23, 2016

This Week

Temple day was splendid this week. I took my study topic to the temple and ended up with more questions than I had at the beginning, but I did have a lot of cool things stand out to me that I didn't know before! :)

The Cruz family came to church again, and then drove all the way up to Oakland with us to go to the Visitors center and watch Porque Yo Creo, at which one of my converts and Oakland was asked to bare testimony. So we got to see the Carrada's family share the stories of how they got baptized and what there testimonies are. WHICH WAS INCREDIBLE! Their lives have completely changed from the time they got baptized till now. People claim that happens, and I think we typically just write it off as not a big deal, but I was there every step of the way with the Carrada family, and I saw them pre-baptism, mid-baptism, and post-gift of the holy ghost, and there is actually quite a big difference. They were just a normal family filled with bickering and disagreements and disunity, but now, they are always smiling and seem to be happier with and around each other. Must be one of those "had-to-be-there" things, but for me personally, I now have a strong testimony of the gift of the holy ghost and the fact that living the gospel blesses families.

In Other news, this is the last week of this transfer, so if I get a new companion I'll know by next week. so... I'll keep you posted.

That's pretty much all the stuffs for this time.

Not too eventful this week, lots of meetings within the mission. We're putting a big focus on member work.


in other other news, rule change says that we're aloud to wear sunglasses now. (about time) just kidding :) but seriously.

So, a few months ago, Elder Struve and I put a big focus on finding FAMILIES. We works with the Primary, we visited formers that had children listed, we tracted in areas that would hold families, we've been praying for families, and I might have mentioned this already, but I'm really happy to report that our teaching pool is now full of families. :)

One family in particular has not only "agreed" to baptism, but has "COMMITTED" to baptism. They've been studying on their own, praying to be ready by their date, asking great questions, and this last week they even came to Stake conference at 9am in an unfamiliar chapel. and LOVED it.

The odd part is that this was clearly an answer to our prayers... But didn't come from any of our actions. They just showed up out of nowhere pre-prepared. This was a testimony to me that this is the Lord's work, not our work. It is THEIR time to BE BAPTIZED. Not OUR time to GET A BAPTISM.


A little picture I drew on my window in front of my study desk.


Elder Webster logo

No comments:

Post a Comment