Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Favorite Third Wheel

You may be wondering: "Elder Webster, why are you emailing me on a Tuesday? Are you dumb?"
Well. No, I am emailing you today because I leave for San Francisco tonight at like 2:30 in the morning, thus missing my normal P-day on Thursday.

Anywho. My companion (Elder Otto) (Love that guy) left for San Fernando CA on Monday morning, So I´ve been in a trio with two other elders who are going to San Fran with me. (Elder Arrington and Elder Lotulelei.) both from Utah. They are like, the 2 people I was closest to other than my companion. So it´s cool. But now that main insult is "Come along Third Wheel" whenever someone is being slow.

Something cool happened this week! Hermana Buxton (I think I´ve talked about her before, she´s the one who told me I am a good missionary, and started crying when I was practicing teaching a while ago) Well, she also left for San Fernando this week, and she asked me if I would give her a blessing! Super spiritual, super cool, and she is officially the first person I´ve given a Priesthood blessing to.

Also. this is hilarious. Prepare yourself. Apparently, "picking favorites" is pretty normal in Mexican culture. Or maybe my teacher is just funny. But I was walking with Elder Otto when all of a sudden, my teacher (Hermano Sanchez) suddenly appears behind us and offers to buy us candy. You might have to know him to understand how funny it was, but he like, very sneakily and 007-like, takes us into a store on campus and gets us to pick something out. :) Man... Mexicans, am I right? Teachers aren´t supposed to buy us stuff, but he bought me a Grapefruit fresca. (Delicious and Mexican Soda) because apparently we´re just his favorite companionship!! :) hahaha Then on the last day with everyone together, he was like "I´m really gunna miss you all. Especially Elder Otto and Elder Webster" hahahahaha Classic Hermano Sanchez. Man, I love that guy. Also, he´s going to BYU I think next year. fun fact.

Anyway, All is well. Spanish is good. I just printed out my plane ticket for tonight. Thanks for all the emails and concern. Love you all. I may or may not get to email again when I land in Cali, sooooo... yeah, I have no idea.

Love you all!


PS. I officially made it the entire 6 weeks in the CCM with out getting a single letter.... I know a couple of you sent stuff, but none of it came yet. :( it will probably just get redirected to San Fran.






Hermano Sanchez


2 comments: