Friday, September 5, 2014

Pesky Pests and Pesky Tourists

SO this week, I got bed bugs! :D YAAAAAY
They suck. But apparently it's pretty common in the spanish program to go into a members house, and have them crawl on you and have them hitchhike back to you house in your clothes. But I kept waking up with more and more bug bites until my companion told me that I should maybe report it. And sure enough... We have bed bugs. So we called a guy in to spray and fumigate and stuff. Anyway. that was fun.

Yesterday was actually our pday, but since it was also Labor day, all the Libraries were closed. So that's why I'm writing y'all today. I know it doesn't seem like it, but I swear. Monday's should be the day when I write every week.

Since yesterday was our pday, Elder Castleberry and I (with 2 other missionaries) went to a museum/aquarium! It was pretty cool but it was jam packed with tourists because it was labor day and all. But we always get those people that are like "HEY ELDERS!" So it was cool. It's like, any where we are, members usually feel pretty comfortable starting conversation.

Mauricio is doing good. except he is ALSO looking into being a Jehova's witness. (which is fine, It's good for him to explore a little) But I guess the JW's talk a lot of crap about us. He wants to learn more and he's curious and stuff, but he's just super confused in what we teach. But it's all good. Him and his brother (Pancho) are now our official investigators.

VERSE OF THE WEEK: It's a verse that I found in my daily reading, and It's basically exactly how I wish I could introduce myself to people. I actually wrote it on the back of my nametag. :)    <<<3 Nephi 5:13>>> It's pretty good. check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment