Monday, November 3, 2014

Year Mark/ATT/Milton

This week was Elder Castleberry's year mark!! So we went out and bought ourselves a nice frozen pizza to celebrate. That's pretty much it. We don't really have a ton of money to do cool things, and it wasn't on a p-day. So we just did the usual, and he got some packages from home and stuff. So that was cool!

My second transfer ends this Saturday, So I am OFFICIALLY out of "Training" after this week. Finally. I should know if I'm getting moved by the next pday. So I'll let you know.

Today, (Since the Giant's are currently WINNING the world series) My district went and took a tour of ATT park! Which was incredible! I'll attach pictures sometime. But that was cool! Especially since I HAPPEN to be serving in the EXACT PLACE where the Giants are IN the WORLD SERIES. It's basically the perfect timing, and everybody goes nuts.

So about the missionary work... This week, the bishop asked us to focus on the less active members in the ward, so we took a list and separated them into our mission areas, and asked the bishop to star any names that he wanted us to pay special attention to! So this entire week, we've been tracking down less actives and officially meeting them and planning appointments with them, which is great! The problem is usually something like... I don't have a car, and the subway costs too much. Or I've been busy because I work 3 jobs, or something like that, so most of them are still very religious and nice, but just can't come. I like them a lot.

Our newest investigator is Milton 2. Not to be confused with the original Milton from like 3 months ago. He is the best. He's stopped us 3 times on the street and begged us to come over and teach him ove a period of 6 weeks. And we stop by all the time, but this is the first time he's been home! And the lesson went AWESOME! He's got some potential.

Victor..... still hasn't come to an actual sacrament meeting yet. So We have to push back his baptism... grrrrrrrr..... Hopefully soon he'll come. I'm not sure he is as interested as I thought he was.:/

Last week we taught 5 lessons. But usually we get like 6 or 7. It just depends. Contacting is pretty easy here in the city, because you can stand in one spot, anywhere, and you can see like 40 people at a time. So usually, we just walk around for like an hour whenever we don't have anything planned and talk to as many people as we can. But we never go tracting. ever. We've never had to. Our bishop is really good with missionaries, he's a gringo that served in Guatemala, and he's super super helpful with all the missionaries. I usually get about 15-20 emails a week.


Can't believe Tyler's just now going! It seems like he got called just a little bit after me! He must've been waiting a long time... How was his farewell? Where is Josh serving? Nice oven thing. looks good. I think our article hasn't been published just because of all the crazy stuff happening with the Giants recently... So... Maybe eventually. If not, oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment