Monday, November 3, 2014

#Bestweek

This week has been absolutely insane. Both with missionary work and just because I live in San Francisco. So. Here's some cool highlights! :)

I live on 22nd and Mission. Which just so happens to be one of the busiest locations in all of San Francisco. It's basically "the place to be" if you are a spanish speaking missionary in San Francisco. And this week, it was crazy for several reasons.
1. Giants WON the World Series on Wednesday.
It looked like NYC on New years eve. except everybody was crazy and wild. People were burning mattresses in the middle of crowds and hanging from fire escapes, and blasting music and crowd surfing, and shooting fireworks and cannons (and apparently someone actually got shot) Right outside my front door. It was absolutely chaotic.
2. Dia de los Muertos on Sunday.
You might not think a spanish holiday like day of the dead would have much impact in America... But San Francisco was all about it. There was a parade on Sunday night, and there were fire dancers in the streets, and most people were decorated in lots of authentic Day of the dead stuff. Like face paints, and skulls and skeletons and stuff. and that was pretty cool.
3. Halloween
two of the other Elders in my district had a gas leak this week, so pretty much every day, they've been sleeping at our apartment. Which sounds fun at first... but we're missionaries, so it's not like we can hang out and play video games or something. But on Halloween, we all had to come home early to do "Deep Cleaning" and we had 4 people in a tiny apartment, so we finished pretty fast, and then we had like 3 hours where we weren't aloud to leave, so Elder Kutterer taught us karate, and we listened to piano guys music, and just talked about funny stuff from back home and it was fun. :)
4. The Work was Awesome
This week was probably our most productive week for missionary work. We worked our butts off. Milton Montano, (our golden investigator) is progressing so much, and he's following all of his commitments, we saw a less active at church (Maximina Lozano) who hasn't been to church in the 12 weeks I've been here, we finally made contact with a few potentials that seem to never be home, and We've just seen countless blessings from our work this week. It's been great.
5. Transfer Calls!
I just finished my second transfer with Elder Castleberry, and I was pretty nervous about leaving San Fran because I LOVE IT HERE. But the transfer calls came in and I'm going to move to South San Francisco with Elder Curay. (He's the thug missionary I talked about a long time ago. from Peru.) So I won't be living on 22nd and mission, I'll be living on the corner of San Bruno and Silver. But I'll still cover the same ward. Just a little bit different area. I think Elder Curay and his old companion had a baptism coming up soon. So I might get to help with that a bit. :) I'm excited.

Sorry this email has been so long!! :) lots of stuff happening.


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment