Monday, December 1, 2014

South San Francisco

So, my new area is pretty cool! It's kind of in the middle of an Asian community, So street contacting is a little different. I usually speak English in the streets now, and I've learned a couple phrases in Chinese! So that's cool. :)

Jaxon told me about the Elder in your ward from Honduras. He sounds cool... Sorry he didn't eat much... I basically eat Chicken, Rice, and beans every single day. But it just depends on the culture. Mexican houses will usually be spicy, Argentinian houses are usually steak, Columbian houses have REALLY good rice, but my favorite is usually the El Salvadorian houses. They make the best food. haha And we have a great ward, so we usually go to members houses every day for dinner.

Elder Curay and I get along fine,  he's actually is very cool. His family lives in Pheonix right now! So when I come home, maybe he can come down and stay with us or something. He's pretty chill.


I'll try to send some pictures next week i think. But my current apartment is quite a bit nicer than my last one, and I live in a pretty big Asian community, So Elder Curay and I usually just speak spanish, but most of my street contacts are in English or really basic Chinese. And by "Basic Chinese" i mean: "Hi, I'm a missionary from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Can I give you a card? Thank you." and that's it. If they reply, I have no idea what to say. haha but it's fun. That's one of the cool things about San Francisco. It's incredibly diverse.

This first week, I really wanted to just visit EVERYONE. Even if we didn't have lessons with everyone, I thought it'd be a good idea to just go around and stop by everyone's houses and introduce myself as the new Elder here. So that's what we did. And even for the ones that didn't answer, at least I kind of know where people live.

Some big people we are focusing on are
1. La Familia Guardado. Family of 4 from Hondurus, and they have 2 little daughters, Kimberly and Nazli, who just got baptized last month! Elder Curay (My companion) is actually the one who baptized them. But they make the top five because the two Parents are not married. So even though they have a testimony, and like coming to church, they can't get baptized. SOO. There isn't a lot left to do with them except to keep talking to them about a marriage date... But that's the deal with them.

2. Hermana Aguilara. She's also from Hondurus I think. And she is AWESOME. And totally has a testimony, and actually is all set to get baptized... BUT... Her ex husband is in our ward, and they aren't really on good terms. So we can't get her to come to church because she thinks it would be too weird. And we could technically transfer her records to another ward I think, but the next closest spanish branch is pretty far, and she doesn't want to drive that far. So that's also kind of a weird situation.

3/4 Ana and Anna. They are 2 investigators of ours. I haven't met either of them yet, but they are somewhat interested. And they don't live together or anything, but they're neighbors both named Anna, and we teach both of them. I'm not quite sure about them yet,

That's all the big ones.

Yall asked me a lot of questions about the new comp and area and stuff, so I'll try to answer them all: Elder Curay in from Peru. But he lived in Pheonix Arizona for a couple years, and that's where his family lives now. He is about to hit his year mark. Our apartment is nicer than the one in my last area, And if you want pictures, I can send some next week. My trainer is training again, and his new trainee is from Mexico, but him and his family have been living in Mesa Arizona. He's a native speaker too.
I cover the same ward still, but it's a whole new area, and new investigators and less actives, so it feels pretty different.
My last area covered EVERY tourist thing in San Francisco, and my new area doesn't cover anything cool, so it's a bit less exciting.
Grandma and Grandpa, thanks for the packages, and I wrote you a letter, but I don't have your address!!! So let me know what it is and I can send it!
And tell the Lawrences that I got their package too, and tell them thanks! :) I think I should get the one from the Webster Clan some time this week. :)
That's pretty much it!
Thanks for the support and the packages! Love you all!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment