Monday, December 1, 2014

Picture Day

So, I've already given a big update of the last week. But even since Monday, San Francisco is flippen crazy. Elder Castleberry and I had exchanges on Monday, so he was sleeping over at my house and helping me with the lessons I had planned whilst Elder Curay traded him spots for the day. We were GOING to trade back on Monday night, but we got an emergency text from the Zone leaders to stay in doors because they were having an "Anti-police" protest because of some "racist killings" that have been going on lately, and we were supposed to avoid going near that. It was kind of scary, but thankfully, My new area is far enough away from Downtown/mission street that we didn't really see or hear anything.

I finally hooked up some pictures!! I have quite a few more, but I think I got all the big events home FINALLY.

Anyways, it's only been a couple of days since my last email, so not a ton has happened. My main goal for today was to send home all my pictures. So I hope they didn't get cut off or something. let me know if there is something specific you wanna see. More of members? more of my companions? more of the city? more of my apartment? because I have quite a bit more, but I had to pick and choose which ones to send home this week.

Anywho. Thanks for everything! You're the best! Hope everyone's enjoying Arizona during Thanksgiving!
Love you!

Elder Webster

Jordan and Elder Curay at Alcatraz

My district! (left to right)
Elder Olivas, Elder Castleberry, Elder Webster, Elder Curay, Sister McCarthy, Sister Hellewell.


This is a cool looking picture I took/edited while ON Alkatraz, looking at the San Fran Skyline.

Elder Castleberry and Elder Curay BOTH hit their year marks while I was their companion. And this was them burning their shirts.

Some of the locals during "Dia de los Muertos" November 2. (everyone looked like this...)

San Fran Skyline

Me touring AT&T park during the WORLD SERIES WHERE WE WON!!!


This is Betty Mejia. (I'm actually at her house right now.) She is this AWESOME Columbian women who LOVES the missionaries, and feeds us every week, and is just the best. (and Elder Castleberry)

Another one of AT&T park with Elder Castleberry.

This is when we went to Golden Gate Bridge a while back. (We went to the half way mark) :)

My very first district when we went to Golden Gate. :)

A couple of the Relief society members on Sister Rosa's Bday.

(Sister Moran and Sister Astrada)

Dia de Hispanidad in the ward. Sister Rosa and Sister McCarthy are wearing Argentine dresses.

Dia de Hispanidad! The lady I'm sitting by is named Karina Cervantes. She and her Husband Victor were some of my very first investigators. They're the ones who had a baptism date, but it got dropped because they never come to church and because of a couple other small reasons... But then I transfered areas... So I don't see them anymore. :(

Me (in an ugly sweater I found.) and Elder Castleberry standing in front of the Guatemala booth (That's where my bishop served.) at Dia de Hispanidad.

Elder Curay and I locked up in an Alcatraz jail cell.



No comments:

Post a Comment