Monday, February 9, 2015

Puerto Ricisimo

Hey everyone! Sounds like this week went pretty well back home! Always a pleasure to hear from everyone.

This week was pretty dang good. Firstly, I met my new companion last Tuesday. He's pretty cool. We get along pretty well. His name is Elder Muniz, and he's from Puerto Rico, but he lives in Maryman Utah right now. He's been out since November, but he's already a pretty good teacher. I think he's better than I was when I had been out 3 months for sure. The only thing is that he likes to work out. So we wake up really early to go to our apartments gym. Which I'm complaining about, but it's actually a good thing because now I can finally get swull.

This week I held my first District Meeting, and I gave a training on how to plan to find. (Which was our main focus this week). I went to the "New Leader Training" this week, and I still feel like I'll need a few weeks for all of my new responsibilities to kick in, but I'm gettin there. But we actually had a really succesful finding week this week. We found a family, Guzman's, who we received as a referal from the Temple's Visitor's Center. So we visited them and BOOM! They are so prepared. :) We taught them about how Joseph Smith came to find the truth by praying to know which church was true, and she told us that she did that too! She's so easy to teach, and wants to learn, and told us (without us even asking) that she was going to read the whole Book of Mormon. and that she'd have it done in 2 weeks. We set a baptismal date with them on February 28th. So if that goes through, this will be my first baptism where I've taught the family from the beginning. I'm hoping I don't get transferred or anything. They are the best.

(I forgot to mention this last week) On Saturday Jan 31st, we actually had ANOTHER general Authority come to our mission! So most of our day on Saturday was up in Oakland listening to Niel L Anderson from the quorrum of the 12. It was really good! He taught about Honesty and Integrity (amongst other things) and one thing I learned was that we should NOT bare testimony on things that we don't have a testimony about. Pretty basic, I know, but it's because the spirit can only testify of truth. So if we say something that is untruthful, then it detracts from the spirit. He suggested that we write down all of the things that we KNOW to be true, and then write down all the things that we HOPE to be true, and then read and pray until you know. I loved it.

This next week we are really trying to help our new investigators to progress. We have a few set appointments, and and they have all of the potential in the world, but it will always just be "potential" until we help them know what to do with it.

Hopefully long emails don't bother you, because I know this one was pretty long.

Shout out to the Fredricks! Happy Birthday! your letters are coming in the mail soon.
Shout out to the other Elder Webster for getting to train his second greenie.
And shout out to Murphy for spicing up mom's life a bit.

Love you all!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment