Monday, February 9, 2015

Another Great Week!

This week was full of tons of cool blessings. Serving with the experienced Zone Leaders has been such an amazing blessing. I've learned so much about planning and teaching, it's crazy. I really hope that I can apply it all as this transfer ends this next week. First and Foremost:
Our Investigators are progressing so nicely right now! Beto and Nayeli still have baptism dates coming up in February, and it looks like they're all set to go. They love the church, and really seem like they're excited to join it. Which is awesome. Jenny, is doing well, however, we didn't end up baptizing her yesterday like we wanted to. She said that she didn't feel ready yet, and that she'd like to wait a while. Baptism can be a huge change in her life, and it's a very personal thing, so we don't want to rush her into it unless she's on board. So we pushed her baptismal date back a bit. Hopefully to February, but she hasn't chosen a date yet. But we're still praying for her and helping her as much as we can.

One of the AWESOME things about serving in the Bay Area, is that cool things happen pretty much daily. This weekend, we actually had the chance to go to a live concert for Alex Boye! He's a famous singer who's sung with Lindsey Sterling and the Piano Guys, and he was performing a show in the auditorium next to the Oakland Temple, and we were invited to go as long as we brought someone to it. So we ended up bringing the Chacon family and a few of their friends. HE IS SO GOOD! Look him up. Alex Boye. He's an African singer who does Swahili covers of popular songs, and can overall just sing super well. It was awesome. Who else can say they did that on their mission?

Last Thing.

This week, Jenny asked us if we can help her fix something on her car. So we came over and found out that her windows had been busted into, and she went and bought some replacement windows for them, and she needed some help installing them. And then she left...? It was kinda awkward. Especially because none of us 3 knew what we were doing, so we said a prayer to help guide us and show us what to do.. Kinda a weird prayer right? Well we did it anyway, and then we got to work. But Lo and Behold, God answers weird prayers! We literally had that door disassembled and those glass shards cleaned up and those windows installed in about an hour and a half. It reminded me of the Scripture Alma 26:12. I know that I am nothing. As to my strength I am weak. I do not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things.
TRUUUUUE.

Any ways. Thanks for the Birthday wishes! Transfers end this Saturday (On my birthday) So I should probably get a new companion by next Pday, or at least know who he is. I LOVE Elder Runco and Elder Ah Hoy. I'm probably going to go find them after the mission and force them to heng out with me. But I've been in a trio for quite a while now, and I guess I need to get back to my area. haha

Thanks for everything! Love you all!


Elder Webster

Alex Boye

At the concert

Me and my awkward self holding a rabbit at Rocha's house.

Elder Runco and I trying to squeeze into Elder Ah Hoy's pants, hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment