Sunday, March 27, 2016

♫And the Rain Came Down and the Floods Came Up♫

I've had to wear a different pair of shoes like every day because they keep getting soaking wet and have needed to sit out and dry pretty much every day. It's just been SUPER rainy this past week. I guess we're in the middle of a big storm called "El Niño", so its been storming all week. But the work must go on! :)

My umbrella broke, so I cut it up and did some sewing, and made myself a water proof bag-case during a couple of my lunch hours, so now I'm well-equipped.

We saw some good things happen though! We had set up a lesson with a less active member right after our Zone Conference and were originally going to teach about the Sacrament, but on the way over we decided to change our plan to the Plan of Salvation based on the training we got. We met him at our meeting spot and then were going to walk to a park to teach him, but he asked if he could make a quick stop...
On the way to the park we stopped to go pick up a friend of his that he had invited to the lesson. (A non-member friend). She just so happens to have had 3 or 4 family deaths in the last couple years and has literally been searching for all of the answers that the Plan of Salvation teaches.
We had one of the most powerful Plan of Salvation lessons I've had so far with Elder Struve. She accepted it very well. We invited her to be baptized and she said she's hesitant because she doesn't want to make a snap-decision out of nowhere. But she committed to read the pamphlet and pray about it. We've got high hopes. :) Her name is Daniela.

We had exchanges this week as well! I went with Elder Galaz. He's from Mexico/Colorado, and he's been out about 4 months. He's good. He set the example for me to talk to everyone once again. He's just got no fear. Sometimes it's hard here in San Francisco just because there are a billion people, so you literally can't talk to everyone, but he has no fear and just goes for it. :) We had a lot of fun doing it!

That's pretty much it for the week. Things with Elder Struve are going great. Thanks for the letters (Grandma and Grandpa) and I'm pretty sure my parents said they sent something, but I haven't seen it yet. It might be sitting in the mission home. haha Thanks for everything.

Fun fact. to type an " ñ " you need to push "alt 164". it took me 164 tries to find that combination of numbers... but I finally found it. These are some of my failed attempts....
ïêCN▼▲++6ªlL‼@AaA0◙♂♀☼◄☺-- ╫╪╓┌┘█◘"%¡τ£ÄæÆôîìÄïï5~Äτ§┘∞#{à.→f£~{↕Y↕╚♀. @[b4¥♀♫☼‼ùùÿ3ÜÖ£Üùû¥₧ƒ£τ♀◙☼♠o↓Aïwsrts☺☻♥♦♣♠◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§↨↑↓→←∟↔▲▼" !#$%&'()*+,-./0123456879:;<=>@ ABCDEFOPZ[\]^_`abcdstxwyz{|}~⌂ÇüéâäàåçêëèïîìÄÅÉæÆôöòûùÿÖÜ£¢¥₧ƒáíóúñ

Love you!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment