Sunday, March 27, 2016

Straight Outa Oakland

I've basically got 2 big updates this week.

1. Last week I mentioned that we could have anywhere between 2 and 4 baptisms. Well, I'll send pictures of everyone that ended up getting baptized. All together, we had Rita, Meani, Lupe, and Jasmine! Elder Wallace and I have just been super blessed this last transfer. Hands down the fastest couple transfers I've had, and we've just had so much success.

2. Transfer calls came in this weekend! I've been released as a Zone Leader and have been asked to train a new missionary in San Francisco!! THAT IS SUCH A COOL CALL! I'm literally so excited to train. I've never done it before, but I'm excited for a few different reasons. 1. I just happen to be training a new missionary in the same exact apartment that I was trained in about a year and a half ago by Elder Castleberry!  2. I can kind of speak Spanish now, so if I return to my first area, I'll be able to communicate with people I couldn't talk with before! 3. I never thought I'd train a missionary at this point. I've been in the same place fore about 7 months, and I didn't feel like I was leaving any time soon. But President called me up on Thursday and asked me if I'd be willing to "shotgun train" in SF. (That just means train in a place where you aren't currently serving. also called "white-out" in some places..)
So, I didn't really want to make a big deal out of me leaving the ward.. but I did tell a couple of my converts and bishop that I'm leaving and 1 family invited us over and something seems fishy, and I'm like 50% sure they are throwing me some sort of going away party...? Which is awkward.
Honestly, I love Oakland. It has been one of my all time favorite areas, and hands down my most successful, but I'm not sad to leave. It's just part of my mission to be transferred away, so I haven't really spent a whole lot of time getting closure with people yet, but I'll probably visit a few people tonight and tomorrow so that they don't hate me. haha

Those are all the big things. Should be a good next transfer. I'm not sure what my new companion's name is yet. I should be picking him up on Wednesday.
Here are some pictures of our baptisms yesterday.


Love yall

Yesterday's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment