Sunday, March 27, 2016

Latin Blood (this is out of order - written January 11)

Something must be happening in the world of Latinos.
I swear, our investigators are unstoppable. Last week I was all excited because EIGHT of them came to church. Man... I was so young back then. I didn't know anything about church attendance.. This week, we saw NINE investigators at church. That's what I'm talking about!

Ok. Obviously, I'm just being dramatic. But I didn't even know what to do with myself on Sunday. I'm so happy that the ward recognized them and gave them a big welcome. There was no way I was going to be able to talk to all the investigators there yesterday, especially because there were men, women, boys, girls, and teens. They all left to split up into there classes and then it was all up to the ward.

In other news, in this last week, we went to MLC, and a lot of it was focused on doing creative things that aren't necessarily "Normal" or "Common" as long as it's for somebody's benefit. (Specifically talking about callings in the church.

With that in mind^^ we have a companionship that pretty consistently complains about their assigned ward.. So we decided to break the mold to fix the problem. We planned to do an exchange on a SUNDAY! Which basically never happens... But it gave Elder Wallace a chance to go visit their ward and get some eyes inside to examine what exactly the problem is. It also meant that he went to an English ward for the day, and my temporary companion didn't speak Spanish, but went to a Spanish ward! It was SO HELPFUL! Elder Wallace came back to me super confused. He said their ward was awesome. It was just the missionaries attitude that needed to change. We would never have known that without the unusual exchange.

This next Saturday we're planning on going on another unusual exchange. We'll be switching companions for the day, but ALL FOUR of us will be working in the same area (their area). We chose to do that because they mentioned that they were struggling to find and didn't seem to have enough time. This should fix the problem right? That's our hope. :)

We just feel blessed in our area. We're really just trying to help out the zone as much as we can.  And I think this whole "Creative solution" thing is inspired. Oakland's going to kill it.

You probably don't care about most of this stuff. haha But that's what I've been up to lately.

Side Note. My Personal Studies have been awesome. I've been reading the book of Mormon. We committed one of our investigators to finish 1 Nephi before the end of January. (something we're calling the 22 day challenge) (22 days=22 chapters) And we're reading it along with her. Even the first verse of the first chapter of the first book is full of some awesome principles about Family History and Journal-writing, and fathers. There is so much to learn.

That's pretty much it!
Love you all!

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment