Friday, April 22, 2016

Grrrrreat!

Sometimes I feel like Tony the Tiger, because every week I always just say this week was Grrrrrrreat!
But yup, another great week this week:

I was doing a study about being Consecrated this week and I read a part of a talk that said that we must give up our own personal desires and do what the Lord would have you do.
Previously I had interpreted that as: "We must give up our unrighteous desires and follow the Lord."
Which is good! as a missionary, we do give up our desires to see movies, and sleep in, and swim, and hang out, and we choose to do missionary work instead! That is a great start. BUT that does not mean you are consecrated.
To be Consecrated, we must not only give up our unrighteous desires, but ALL of our desires. Even our Righteous ones. (Let me explain...)

So, Lehi, in the Book of Mormon is a good example of this.
He was commanded to leave the wicked Jerusalem and travel with his family to uncharted territory.
What if he had decided to stay there in Jerusalem and just invite the people to repentance instead? That would be a very righteous desire... BUT it was NOT the will of God. For him to be truly consecrated to the Lord, he would need to obey the commandments and the promptings of the spirit regardless of his own desires.

That can be applied to a lot of different things. Think about that if you'd like.

Also, good news! Remember Yera? The girl I baptized in Oakland? Well... She has family here in San Francisco, and she just gave us a referral the other day, and now were teaching her cousins!! A family of 5! :) We've been looking for families for the longest time, and though we didn't find one from our own schemes, I think the Lord has seen our efforts and decided it was time to lead us to this new family.

Our area is really picking up!


Love you all!


This is my current district. Elder Wride=District Leader... Sorrry, My comp got cut out of the picture... :/


A member gave me this sweet jacket this week. #best members.



Josafat (bottom) and Brother Bonilla (top)
They're some of my favorite members

No comments:

Post a Comment