Friday, April 22, 2016

I'm Running Out of Clever Things to Put in the Subject Line

I just realized that the majority of my recent emails have been cool insights and spiritual thoughts, that I haven't given you much of an update on how things have been here lately. haha

SO! Here are some general updates about my mission:

1. The last three months, all of our mission-wide trainings have been focused on teaching effectively from the pamphlets. We just dedicated a whole month on learning to teach the Restoration, Plan of Salvation and Gospel of Jesus Christ from the pamphlets. That's been a big focus.
2. We have never tracted in my mission. It's just not something we do! But in the last few months (along with the pamphlet focus) We were all trained on how to tract! So we go tracting a lot now. I actually think it's pretty fun.
3. Elder Struve is the most obedient companion I've ever had. :) I'm so happy he's my trainee. He's just super willing to take correction and wants nothing more than to be consecrated. :) We've had a great couple of transfers together.
4. They're changing the amount of time that english speakers spend in the MTC, and as a result, the last couple transfers have been unusual. typically, each transfer is 6 weeks long, but we just had a 7-week transfer and a 3-week transfer back to back. From here on out, it should be all back to normal.

Sooo... I guess you're up to date on all the big stuff now.

in other news:
TRANSFER CALLS CAME IN!
I'm spending a third transfer with Elder Struve! :) Usually, you're only with your trainee for 12 weeks, but since the last 2 transfers have been weird, we've only been together 10 weeks, so we'll probably spend one more together and then get separated. Just a prediction. I wouldn't mind just having him forever, it's been smooth sailing. We are planning on spending the next 6 weeks together at least, but then I'll be in my final transfer after that, so who knows what'll happen.

This week in our area was a little rougher. From Monday to Wednesday we had 9 set appointments scheduled, but EIGHT of them didn't answer the door. That's pretty common, but not to that extent. When that happens in our area, it's like the end of the world because traveling takes hours because we ride the bus everywhere... So we did a lot of travels. BUT! We did see this miracle where a stranger offered us pizza in the street, and we declined but kept talking to him. We ended up getting an address and he agreed to let us share a message with him the following day. We show up and he and his wife invited us in for DINNER! :) We ate with these 2 super nice new investigators and invited them to attend a baptism the following day and happily agreed to spend 45 minutes on the bus in order to attend a baptism at an unfamiliar church for a person they've never met. THEY'RE AWESOME. We're seeing them tonight.

Pictures are my favorite thing to get in emails, but I didn't get any this week. :( Even though my dear sister had a dance recital. Hmmph 😒 There is still time to repent! :)

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment