Sunday, November 8, 2015

Conference Weekend!

So just a little bit of follow-up from last week: Operation Sabbath Jackhammer finally paid off! We had 2 investigators join us a conference this week! :) And conference was pretty good this time around. Everyone's been asking how they translated "Ponderize" into Spanish... hahaha The word they used was "Meditizar" combination of "meditar" (ponder) and "memorizar" (memorize)
I watched it in the Oakland Temple chapel this time!

I really like the 3 new apostles! They're awesome. :)

Transfer calls came in this last week! I was pretty surprised actually! Elder Castleberry goes home tomorrow... :( So I knew I'd be getting a new companion, and I had my guesses of who it might be, and I basically narrowed it down to 1 of 3 possible elders. Whoever I would get, I would have to teach them how to do Zone-Leader stuff.. My new companion is Elder Wells. I was not expecting him. He's been out for about 23 months, which means he's coming to a NEW area with a NEW companion and a NEW calling during his LAST transfer of his mission. Usually, that makes people not want to try as hard because the end is so close in sight and it feels useless to get to know all this new stuff because you're ending soon. (It's called getting "Trunky")

Honestly, I hope it's not like that. But I'm excited to get Elder Wells! He's a big goofy guy who no one could ever get made at, and he's a wiz on piano, so I'm excited.

Oh, before I forget. Look up my mission on Facebook! California Oakland San Francisco Mission. We have our own page and they post pictures and stuff. So you can add them or follow them. :)

Most of my weeks are full of meetings now-a-days. So I'll spare the details of MLC and Stake coordination meeting... But the preparation for those meetings took up a big chunk of our proselyting time this week, which is unfortunate. But it's gotta be done. :) I've found out I'm actually pretty good at using Excel! But... that's more like a post-mission skill. haha

Thanks for everything! I finally sent my mom/sisters gift home this week. I hope you like it.

Happy Birthday Grandpa! Love you!


Today, pday, we drove through a cemetery! Kind of an accident... haha


E. Castleberry, E. Webster, S. Nistler, S. Diaz, E. Runco, E. Broman

No comments:

Post a Comment