Sunday, November 8, 2015

Emergencia


So, I don't remember how much I talked about last week, but one of our District Leaders ran away from his companion a couple weeks ago. it was kind of a big deal, because.... that just doesn't happen. I don't even think I've been out of sight of my companion in like a year and a half. So hearing that one elder ran away from his companion was ground breaking. Elder Wells and I were asked to do a rescue mission to find him like a week ago to no avail. But our President took care of the whole thing last week... and it was pretty much a done deal. RIGHT? no.

This week, our Saturday was interrupted because we were asked to "Emergency Transfer" these two Elders. along with like... half of their district. everything got changed around. It took up most of our day just because of rides and stuff... but that was exciting.

I feel like I talk too much about the missionary side of things, which is the boring side. So I'm gunna move on to my AWESOME investigators.

We seriously have the most solid set of investigators ever. They love learning, they read, they pray, some of them have testimonies already. The only thing that is preventing them to get baptized is their church attendance. We still have a few baptismal dates set pretty soon, but it's been sad lately because the ones we used to have set have all had to be pushed back or canceled. Which would usually be very upsetting, but they have made a lot of personal progression and a few of them have as much of a testimony as your run-of-the-mill member. So it's just a matter of getting work off. Which is hard in the Oakland Latino community for some reason.

Love you all!

Thanks for the videos you all sent me this week! :) I love those things. They're so fun. Keep em coming.

Have a good week!

Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment