Sunday, November 8, 2015

Transfer 11 Week 4 (or something similar)

A couple of my friends have used this format before, so I'm going to steal it this week and see if I like it. SUPER LONG! (you're welcome/i'm sorry)

Welcome to Week 5!

Monday:
We are teaching some of our Recent Converts and they are not really grasping much. SO we gave them the challenge of teaching US about the gospel. :) On Monday, we taught them all the bullet points to share a missionary message about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Namely Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. and then we invite them to study it on their own and then have the kids teach us (as fake investigators) the next time. also. I designed a zone shirt for my zone. :) Pics attached.

Tuesday:
Exchanges with Elder Vawdrey. He is probably the most faithful missionary I've ever met. He lays it all on the table, he talks to every single person he sees, he praises God's power rather than his own, and you can feel the spirit whenever you're near him. He's great. We had a great day together and he taught me a ton about reliance on the Lord.

Wednesday:
We did Service at St Mary's community center and we basically run that joint now. We go there every Wednesday and they totally rely on us there. It reminds me of my old Waiter job because we mostly work in the kitchen preparing meals for homeless people. Most of our lessons fell through, but we did find a new investigating family of 4! Pocasangre family. (in english: Little Blood) They're great.

Thursday:
Exchange with Elder Ainu'u. He's a fun guy.. We had to have a talk about obedience though... He had a similar question that I used to have about obedience and receiving blessings. (I'll table that for a second. keep that in your minds though.)

Friday:
We did service in the Redwood forest up in the Oakland hills. Basically we cut down these giant Pine trees and carried them off the mountain. HOO RAH! But I ended up getting Heat stroke and having a massive head ache for the rest of the day. But that didn't stop the work! :) We had a sweet lesson that night and COOL STORY ALERT! My head was throbbing before and after the lesson, but as soon as we entered, it completely vanished. I think it was just one of those sweet tender  mercies you always hear about when other people have them... but this time it was me. He healed me for just long enough to spread the gospel, then it came back. and my head hurt until I went to bed.

Saturday:
HALLOWEEN. Remember monday? with the recent converts? well we were going to see them again to have them teach us a missionary lesson.... but the mom broke her leg. :( so... we gave her a blessing, and then rescheduled for another day because of medical complexities.... fue una lastima. After 6:00, we were stuck in the apartment for the rest of the night to CLEAN! and I gotta say... it was fun and all... but I probably won't do much of the whole "cleaning" thing back home.

Sunday:
Last minute, they asked me to teach the Gospel Principles class. And when I say last minute, I mean like.... Last second. I literally had to just open up the book and share the lesson. But about 2 minutes in I decided to just split up the class and assign them each a couple paragraphs from the book and have them become "MASTERS" of the subject and then explain it to the class. So I weaseled my way out of standing up front and talking for an hour. I think it went a lot better that way anyway. :)


Remember Thursday with the obedience Question?? (continue reading for a life lesson)

Why should we try to be obedient if we see other disobedient people receive the same blessings?

We had a long talk about that. But if you look back in my emails/blog to December or January, that's when I went through my own mini crisis with the same question. But I found the answer, and I was prepared to help this Elder when he asked!!!

Here's what I found:

"If you love me, keep my commandments." That's the request. The motivation behind following the commandments should be to show your love and respect to the all-knowing Father that gave them to you. If you are only keeping the commandments in order to "earn a blessing as payment" then you are missing the point. and most likely won't even see the blessings that follow because you did it so grudgingly. Bottom line. Just do what you're told because you want to. and If you DON'T want to, pray until you do.

*drop the mic*

Love you all!! Thanks for the Halloween stuff, and for the cookies and as always, your love! :)

Love you all!

Elder Webster

You all judged me because of my random skills on "Paint" but look at me now.
Should be made into an actual shirt sometime before the 14th.

Check me out

No comments:

Post a Comment