Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Quick Summary

Hola

So the MTC (or CCM in español) is pretty.... interesting. haha It´s in mexico city, which is this HUGE compact, busy, loud, dirty city. But the CCM is right in the middle of it, surrounded by 4 big walls and a moat. ?? It blocks out most of the sound, but if you get a chance, check it out on google maps, cuz Im sure it looks super weird.

Also, Thanks to everyone who emailed me. I tried to reply to a couple, but I´m almost completely out of time already, so unfortunately, I just don´t think I can get to everyone today... But you made me feel so loved and missed, and I want you to know that you are loved and missed too.

It´s rained almost every day since I´ve been here. I think I came in the middle of Mexico´s version of "monsoon season" because apparently today was like day 21 of rainy days in a row. Which is actually cool, because I thought I´d be super hot.

I live with 16 guys in my casa, but I´ve only talked with the ones who are in my "district", which is about 8 of them. Of those 8, I sleep in the same room with 3 of them. Elder Otto, Elder Mecham, and Elder Capels.

QUICK SUMMARY OF MY ROOMMATES:
Otto- my companion. He´s tall, kinda quiet, and super super funny. We get along pretty well. but his spanish is pretty awful, so they asked me to help him whenever I can. He´s the type of person who has played in Super Smash Bros tournaments when he lived at BYU. but he´s originally from Michigan with his family of 10, including his identical twin brother.´
Capels- He is from South Carolina, and he has a thick South Carolina accent. His spanish is even worse than Otto´s...
Mecham- Elder Mecham is pretty chill. I think we´d be friends if we lived close. But he´s from Morgan Utah, and he used to be a butcher´s assistant. Him and Capels don´t get along very well, which stinks, cuz their companions and we all share a room.....


Anyway, My spanish is probably the best out of us 4 because two of them took french, and the other one didn´t take a language. So whenever we have to buy something or talk to people, they usually stare blankly until I translate for them. which is pretty sweet and all, but I´m nowhere near fluent...

I kinda forgot that it was 4th of July last week... we didnt do anything to celebrate it, other than have hamburgers for lunch. but that´s about it. Happy late 4th of July!

I´ve seen Elder (Derek) Funkes almost every day this week, and we´re pretty tight. we hang out whenever we can, but we´re not in the same district, so it´s usually just for about a half hour at lunch or dinner.

I have an investigator already!! I´m pretty sure he´s not a real investigator, but we have to talk to him in only spanish, and teach him according to the situations he´s "in". but it feels so real, so it´s actually pretty cool. His name is Felipe, and after about 5 lessons, me and Elder Otto got him to commit to baptism on August 1st! :) it´s been going well!!

I have so much to tell everyone, but first and foremost, I love you all, and I laughed hard at all of Jaxon´s pictures. glad things are going well! keep emailing!!!


Elder Webster


No comments:

Post a Comment