Thursday, July 31, 2014

Nuther Day Nuther Peso

This week, it was alright.

My companion, Elder Otto and I, taught Eduardo about the word of wisdom (amongst other stuff) which basically talks about how we believe that God has revealed that we should not partake of harmful substances like alcohol, and tobacco, and drugs and stuff. And we asked him if he had ever had a problem with the Word of Wisdom, and he was like "yeah, sometimes I like to have wine with dinner, but the doctors say it´s healthy to have wine sometimes."
So we were like, "now that you know that God has commanded us to refrain from alcohol, will you commit to obeying the Word of Wisdom?"
"um. no? the doctor said it´s fine, so I´m not gunna stop."
"Do you believe that God knows about all things?"
"yes."
"do you believe that God reveals his commandments unto the prophets today?"
"yes"
"then will you listen to God and obey?"
"BUT THE DOCTOR SAID IT´S OK"
"WHO´S SMARTER? YOUR DOCTOR OR GOD??"
"BUT DOCTOR"
"BUT GOD!!!"
and long story short, it got slightly confrontational... We stopped teaching with the spirit. which is our fault... but it just didn´t go very well. but we learned, and in our next lesson, we explained things a little better, and we´re tight now. but... bleh... no esta padre.

We also met our new investigator, Merideth, and her daughter, Carter. and they are American and know quite a bit of english, but we´re still supposed to just speak spanish to them. our lessons are going so well. she could probably get baptized pretty soon with Jorge. (our other investigator.) but Eduardo, the "DOCTOR" guy... he has to wait until he´s good with all the commandment...

Also, we started a district wide futbolita tournament last week, and not to brag, but me and Elder Otto as a team... We´re totally undefeated. We are actually super good. but we play again today. and then if we win, we move on to the finals. so I´ll let you know how that goes.

I´m attaching some pictures too this week. hopefully. but if it doesn´t work out... I met another Elder Webster! we´ve actually become kinda close friends.

And the other one is a picture I took of the most dedicated weed puller in the world. I see him everyday, and he always looks awesome.

Love you all. Jaxon, your pictures always make my day. Dad, sorry about the trailer and stuff.
Hailey.... thanks for not emailing me... Jace, Good luck balancing your budget I guess...
and Mom, let me know when you sell all my drawings, because I want a cut of the profits.

Love you all.

Elder Webster


Elder Webster and Elder Webster

Weed puller

No comments:

Post a Comment