Thursday, July 31, 2014

Dog Fights and Womanly Tears

Hola
(sorry. This is a long one)
Sooo it´s been crazy rainy lately. We´ve had 2 really bad hail storms in the past week, and it was totally legit. but both of them were during our "Gym time" so we basically stayed in doors and took naps and just hung out. It was so sweet. I got some pictures, I´ll send another email.

The Spanish is coming along really well! We have this thing called TRC every Wednesday, that´s when we teach a random investigator whom we´ve never met about a different topic every week, and we were "roll playing" the lesson amongst some of the other missionaries, and I got paired to practice with Hermana Buxton, (from Washington DC) and I had to teach her about the Book of Mormon. And straight up. I made her cry. She said that the whole time, she was thinking of her friend back home and she just kept thinking "I wish Elder Webster would´ve been called to Washington DC" :´) hahaha so that was nice. :) but the practice went better than the actual TRC. It was a good lesson and all.. but me and my companion had to be grouped with our roommates in a group of 4 for our lesson, and they are just really bad at Spanish.. so it was hard to get them to say much... me and Elder Otto (my companion) taught most of it.

Also, Elder Otto, Elder Lotuleile (the district leader) and me were asked to teach some greenies how effectively study Spanish. You could say we run this place.

This next part of the email is the most exciting part. because this morning we went to the Mexico City Temple!! It was the first time I´ve left the MTC walls. it´s all graffiti-y and loud and scary. But i did see a couple wild dogs fighting in the streets, so that was cool. and someone tried to sell cigarettes to my bus driver off the side of the road.. Mexico man... Mexico... But the temple was really pretty! the downside is that the actual "temple is currently being renovated, so We had to stay in the visitor´s center... Nonetheless, I did get several sweet pictures to remember the moment. Jaxon, I bought you a keychain that I think is sweet.

I´m also sending you a picture of my mailbox. You may notice... It is Empty... Everyday... All the time... Without fail... But you know, whatever. I´m not bitter.

Love you guys! I hope Idaho/Wyoming is sweet. Jace saw a llama this week, so I know he´s having a blast. Dad, try not to get too bored by yourself haha

PS. Elder Otto and I are the Fútbolita (Fusbol) champions. 100% undefeated. WHAT WHAT represent.


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment