Friday, July 18, 2014

Chillin' in Corpse Pose

HOLA LOVED ONES!!! I sent some pictures a few minutes ago. Hope you got them all. :) it´s way pretty here, except for the daily rain. haha I also learned some spanish slang. haha so if I ever say "Está Padre", that means "that´s sick". kind of. haha So anyway. Things are still going good. haha

My first investigator, Felípe commited to baptism, and now we don´t teach him any more. turns out, he is a teacher here. So.... lame. But he was supposed to act like he didn´t know anything, only spoke spanish, and was supposed to turn down any commitment invitations unless he genuinely felt like he was ready. The teacher knows a guy who is actually named Felípe though, and he was acting as if he was his friend. So it´s still a huge achievement to commit him to baptism. Elder Otto and I have had a few investigators since then, and they´ve all gone really well. spanish is definitely still something I need to practice, but I can almost teacha whole lesson without any notes! :)

I gave a talk this last sunday about Faith in Christ, and it had to be in Complete spanish, and I think it went really well, but it´s hard to say exactly how well because i don´t technically speak spanish, but it was the material that was really important.

I´ve been playing a lot of soccer recently. :) We get a half hour of GYM time every day. And usually, I do Yoga.... Haha one of the sisters in my district has trained to be a yoga instructor, so usually, we just chill in some "corpse pose" or "warrior one". But I´ve moved on to Soccer recently. It´s a good time. haha

Dad, You were asking if i got a haircut, and yes.

Let me tell you something about haircuts in the CCM. THEY DON´T ASK YOU HOW YOU WANT YOUR HAIR CUT!!! they only spoke spanish, So i tried my best to tell them I wanted a haircut, and then they basically shaved my head. haha It´s the shortest it´s ever been. But it´s been about a week since then, cuz I got it cut last thursday. It´s sorta growing out now, kinda. but it´s still short. No more swoop. :(

Hope everything is going well! I´m happy to have gotten so many emails from everybody!! I hear that a few of my friends have been reading my blog, so that´s awesome! I had low expectations of people actually reading, cuz I wrote a lot. but once everything stops being so new, my emails will probably be shorter. haha

Verse of the week. 1 Nephi 3:15

You should read it because I read it last week, and It pretty much sums up how I feel about my mission.  It talks about returning with honor. That, and 1 Nephi 3:7. That talks about being obedient and willing to serve. It´s good. Read it.

Love you all.


Elder Webster

This is Mexican Jesus. We tight.

B Mountain behind mi casa.

CCM

Me and Derek

Old Mexican Pesident

No comments:

Post a Comment