Saturday, January 3, 2015

Holi-daze

Happy Holidays! :)

Honestly, this has been one of my hardest weeks so far. It's kind of a mix between having my first Christmas away from home, and working through various companionship issues... It's just been a crazy week. But I did find a scripture that basically made me burst into tears like 6 times. D&C Section 31 talks about a missionary named Thomas, and talks about the blessings of having his family back home. You ought to read it when you can, and you might like it, and you might not, but it was exactly what I needed, so I thought I'd share that with you.

I had to give a talk in my ward yesterday! Brother Schwartz (2nd councilor) kinda just announced that we will be having the pleasure of hearing the testimony of our newest Elder, and then gave me the look that said "I hope your spanish is good enough to understand what I just said, because you have to get up here and start talking now."

So I just got up and said what was on my mind, which included some lyrics of the song we sang that morning with my companion that I realized I liked a lot. It was a song called "Senor, yo te seguire" (Lord I would follow thee).

So I talked about how the fourth verse (at least in spanish) talks about how Jesus Loved EVERYONE and how if we want to be like him, we need to love everyone too. That hit me because I wear a name tag with Jesus' name on it, and sometimes, I don't feel like I love everyone. So I told the ward that I'm excited to know them and love them, and that I'd be happy to serve them and their friends and then I gave a quick testimony!

That's pretty much the only huge update for the week. The highlight was definitely the skype call home. I love my family so much. :)

Merry Christmas! :)
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment