Saturday, January 3, 2015

Transfers Came Flooding In

Transfer calls were this last Saturday night (two days ago) and the GOOD news is that my area DIDN'T get shut down like I thought it would be! and the bad news (except it's not really bad at all) is that I am moving to Richmond!! Whooooooot!

You all asked lots of questions about the specifics, so I'll try to remember all of them. 

1. My new Companion is named Elder Gleason. And Yes, I have met him once before (When we saw Bednar). He is also the Ex-companion of my current Companion! So I've heard a lot about him. He's been out a little more than a year, and his last companion just went home early for some back problems, so he's been in a trio for a few weeks. He sounds alright. But I can't make a judgement yet, because I've only talked to him one time. 

2. I leave this Tuesday, (tomorrow) and I've never been to Richmond before, I hear the apartment is pretty small, and it's a pretty scummy city. But I'll find out more before next week.

 3. Elder Curay is staying here in San Francisco.

But Elder Webster, How does this affect Christmas? Yeah, it's sad. I've been in San Fran for almost 6 months, and I really got close to the members here. And the area. And the District. And I kinda wish I could stay for Christmas.... But The Richmond Spanish ward is apparently the best ward in the mission, so I think it will turn out alright.

There was this "Crazy" rain storm this week. It wasn't even really all that bad compared to monsoon season in AZ, but since the ground here is basically just concrete, with earthquake-broken sewer pipes... There was some pretty scary floods. My apartment almost got flooded, we had a little pond outside our front door, but thankfully, Elder Curay just took a little brush and cleaned off the sewer drain, and then the water levels went down. So that's pretty much all that happened. The Zone Leaders told us to stay inside all day if we could, so we went over to Betty's house and ordered pizza and hung out with her family for a few hours while her power was out. Good times.


We had 2 Christmas parties this week! The first one was a white elephant for the missionaries all over the West side of the Bay. that was pretty fun, I gave someone a little sudoku rubiks cube thing that was laying around our apartment, and I ended up with a lil' Magic set and a Calandar! The 2nd party was for my ward. we had the choir sing some christmas songs and had a nativity and then we ate sandwiches and just hung out in the Gym. Basically your average mormon Christmas party I think. Except none of our investigators came, even though they said they would. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment