Saturday, January 3, 2015

Transfer 4: Richmond

So I'm in Richmond now! It is so cool here. I guess it was the 4th most dangerous city in America for a little while, but it hasn't been too bad since I've been here. I like it a lot, but I think I got really lucky! I live in the sister's old apartment called "Bella Vista" right off of "Richmond Parkway" and I-80. It is not even comparable to my last apartment. My complex has every luxury in the world. We've got a fireplace, a balcony, a weight room, some tennis courts, like 3 swimming pools, a clubhouse, and basically everything we could ever need within a mile. We also have a car now! Which is such a blessing! (No more waiting for busses or getting sneezed on!) I don't cover the Iron Triangle, thank goodness. (The Iron Triangle is rediculously sketch) But rest assured. My living conditions are incredible now. So no need to worry. :)

My companion, Elder Gleason is probably the hardest working elder I've met so far. His spanish is flawless, he's outgoing and MEGA obedient. Which is great. He can be fun too, but the thing I've really liked about him is that he doesn't lose focus, and knows the gospel inside and out.
This morning, we found some left over hair dye in our bathroom (left over from the sisters that used to live there) and so I convinced him that he should dye his hair black. :) hahahahaha I helped him do it and everything. It's black as night. haha

My ward is SOOO cool. No doubt, the best ward in the mission. Everyone is a fellowshipper all the time. I love it.

This has already been more productive finding than my last 3 transfers combined. In San Fran, people are kind of anti-religion for whatever reason. Here, people have been much more willing to talk to us. :) Elder Gleason (and I) are convinced that we're going to get a baptism this transfer.

I love this area. I'm so confident that we are going to have tons of success here. Especially with Elder Gleason's diligence.


I love you all! :) Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment