Friday, September 25, 2015

Shum Shtuff

This week, I went on exchanges with one of the District Leaders in the
zone, Elder Shaeffer. In honor of this experience, I thought I'd make
a pun-reel. See if you can guess why...

At first, I was totally 'spoked' for the ex'chain'ge. I really wanted
to help 'steer' the area in the 'right' direction. One 'road'block
that I was 'tred'ing was the fact that they don't have a car. But I
was 'pumped' to join Elder Shaeffer, because he's got a good 'handle'
on things.  Our daily planning was 'wheel'y great 'bike'cause we had
so many solid plans. 'Schwinn' the actually day started, we were both
pretty 'tired' because we were 'locked' into conversation the night
before. But we kept 'pedaling' on through the day and eventually got
into 'gear'. we knew that if we decided to take a 'brake' through the
day, we would just 'kick-stand' around for a while and it would be a
total 'race'd of time.
but after we 'buckled' up and took life by the 'seat' of it's pants,
we made a great 'tandem' team.

And that's basically all I got. I hope that all made sense. :) The
exchange was actually pretty good. I just hate bike areas. haha

We found a new investigator this week! His name is Guillermo, and we
found him while he was gambling over checkers with one of our other
investigators. He's great. He asks all the best questions just like a
good investigator should. At one point, he literally asked "What steps
do I need to take to be happy in this life?" We've got high hopes for
him.

I've read this "consecration" talk about 7 times this week. It's been
a big focus within our zone, and so I've been studying that talk
inside and out. It's be Tad R Callister if anyone wants to look it
up.... BUT if you're too lazy or you just don't care enough to read
it, that's ok. The principle of consecration is dedicating all your
efforts to the Lord. Which sounds intense, but He's really not asking
too much. Especially from full time missionaries. Personally, I see no
point in serving a "Full Time" mission if you only plan on working
"Part Time". I happen to know several missionaries that seem to think
they can accomplish their goals by sliding by at the minimum... BUT it
didn't really work for me in Highschool. and it doesn't work for them
now. In order to accomplish what the Lord wants from us, we have to
work HARD and then rely on the Lord to make up the difference.


That's a very very basic description of my studies this week.

ANYWHO! Love you all. My weeks been pretty average, so not a whole ton
of new updates. Sounds like things are going well back home!

Shout out to those of you who started school this week. That's the stuff..

LOVE YOU!


Elder Webster

No comments:

Post a Comment