Friday, September 25, 2015

Six More Weeks of Winter

Transfer calls are in!

I'm staying in Oakland for six more weeks with Elder Castleberry! No big changes really.
Just a little interesting tid bit: He was my first companion last year, and I'll be his last companion this year! :) He goes back home to Spanish Fork at the end of this next 6 weeks.

This last week, we beat our record of lessons taught together! We taught 15 in one week!! I know it's different in every mission, and some people probably think it's pretty pathetic to get anything less than like 30 a week. But here in my mission, 15 in a week is pretty solid... It's been a great week for us!

Yesterday I got to conduct this month's "Porque Yo Creo"! Last month, I was the translator, but this month we switched and I got to conduct the meeting while Elder Castleberry translated for me. (Which means, I stand at the pulpit and speak Spanish while he sits in the back corner and speaks English into a little headset.)  It went really well! Toward the end, our mission president got up and shared his (English) testimony and asked me to "live translate" it for him (which means I was basically the "parrot" to his "pirate". repeating everything he says one sentence at a time.)

Good times.

I filled up my memory card with pictures this week. I might be persuaded to send it home soon. I have a spare, so I'll probably send the last one home and start a new one.

PS. Thanks for the letters and gift cards! :) I love getting them. I haven't been writing back very well, but y'all are da best. thanks!

I don't know if I ever mentioned this or not, but our new(ish) president made us a new rule where we can only listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir/ Conference talks. Which at first was kinda hard, because I only have like 10 songs from them on my flash drive, so i had to put it on repeat... but Now I kinda like it. It really helps you to feel the spirit. :)

do it.

just kidding.

Thanks again for ALL THINGS.


Love you!

THE OAKLAND ZONE! (morning sportz)

The most "oddball" companionship in the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment